A Message from the Library Board President
February 2, 2024
- Fall 2021 – The Village Board approved the library site on the corner of Hwy 27 and Mills St. Site was deemed geologically feasible and a Building Committee was formed.
- 2022 – Committee members toured newer and remodeled libraries and discussed our local needs. The preliminary floor plan was created.
- Spring 2023 – Library Trustees and the Village Board approved the building conceptual plan, the building site, and beginning of the fund-raising stage.
- Summer 2023 – A community informational meeting outlined library history, reasons why a new building is needed, and past and future work of the building committee. The building conceptual plan and Capital Campaign Committee’s financial plan were shared. Several community members voiced opposition to the Hwy 27 and Mills St. location. Concerns were also raised with the cost and size of the building.
- Fall 2023 – The Village Board asked us to pursue other locations. Cedar Corp and the building committee toured the Marshfield Clinic and downtown buildings. Estimates for renovation and/or demolition with new construction were presented to the Village Board. The Board asked the Building Committee to produce a survey (to be mailed with utility bills and available online) for the community to let their choice be known. The downtown building(s) was the most-chosen location. The Village Board asked the Library to pursue the purchase/acquisition of these buildings. It was later learned that the Pharmacy Building is not available. We are waiting to hear from family members as to whether one building may be available.
(Samma’s Note: I’m available at the library Monday through Friday, our regular open hours by phone, 715-289-4950, or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org)
New Building FAQ
Our Building FAQ is available on PDF. Note that the Index is clickable to take you directly to the question you want the answers to first! This FAQ will be updated as the project continues.
If you have additional questions, they may be directed to the Library Director via phone (715-289-4950) or by e-mail email@example.com
(Updated: May 23, 2023)
Support the Project
Donations can be mailed to:
Cadott Library Building Fund
P.O. Box 68
Cadott, WI 54727
Checks made payable to: Village of Cadott, with Memo: Library Building Fund
- For Pledge/Naming Opportunities, contact Director Samma. Review our Policy Here: Naming of Library & Spaces Policy.
- Become a Friend of the Library
- Follow the Facebook Page for the most Up-to-date information!
Building Committee Meetings
Full Committee Meetings will generally be held the 2nd Thursday, each month in the Cadott Elementary Library during the school year. Summer Meetings are held at the library.
While a quorum of the library board may be present at Committee Meetings, no other library business is to be discussed or voted upon.
Regular Library Board Meetings are held 2nd Monday at 4:30 PM, at the Library or virtually.
Individuals who wish to attend the meeting can join Virtually. The library is utilizing Microsoft Teams for virtual meeting space, which may require you to download a desktop software or use Microsoft Edge as your browser. Please test your connection ahead of time.
See more on the Library Board page.
All meetings ARE open to the public, unless a noted closed session is in effect, per state law.
Note: Recaps of Building Committee minutes are also part of regular Library Board Minutes, which can be found here. Building Committee Meetings are open to the public and can be joined virtually.
Building Committee Agendas:
Capital Campaign Subcommittee
Awareness Campaign Subcommittee
Note: Minutes are recapped at monthly Library Board meetings. They are not formally approved by the Library Board. All actions involving funds must be approved by a quorum of the library board, at a regular meeting.
Pre-Committee Meetings (August 2021-December 2021)
Building Committee Minutes:
Capital Campaign Subcomittee Minutes:
Awarness Campaign Subcommittee Minutes:
At last night's Library Board meeting, Cory Scheidler was present to show us some updated renderings based on our recommendations (re: library staff, committee members, and library board) from the...
Note: The images shared below are FIRST RENDERINGS and are in no way final concept of the new building. They are shared purely as information on the project progress.* Last night’s meeting attendees...
Monday: 12 PM to 5 PM
Tuesday: 10 AM to 6 PM
Wednesday: 10 AM to 6 PM
Thursday: 12 PM to 5 PM
Friday: 12 PM to 5 PM
Saturday: 10 AM to 2 PM
Cadott Community Library
331 N Main St
Cadott, WI 54727