We are very excited to announce that the Cadott Library will be offering Curbside Pick-up, while our our building remains closed to the public. Currently, the Safer at Home order is extended until May 26th.
As of 8 AM, April 24th, limitations on Library Services are being lifted, slightly. With the day and time in mind, library staff will begin implementing Curbside Service actions on Monday. April 27th. Here’s the long version of what you need to know!
- Staff members will be on-site at the library, 10 AM – 3 PM, Monday and Wednesdays to pull items from the shelves, bag, tag, and schedule pick-ups. There is NO PICK up these days.
- Staff will call you when items are prepared and schedule a pick up.
- If you do not use the online catalog, you may call the library to request titles and make an appointment for pick-up at that time.
- If you are calling to make requests, please have your library card number handy. We also ask that you limit phone calls to 10 minutes or less.
- When making your appointment, the staff will tell you your “Patron Alias”; this is a generated ID that we use for privacy. This ID will be on a the bag that you pick up, so you can ensure you are picking up YOUR requested items.
- After you have scheduled your appointment, your items will be checked out to you, placed in a bag, and your patron alias will be placed on the bag for identification.
- You will have a 15 minute window on Tuesday or Thursday to pick up your items from a table that will be placed outside of the library door.
- If you do not arrive within your 15 minute window, your items may be returned to inside the library and you will have to reschedule your pick up.
- PLEASE call the library if you suspect you will be late to your pick-up. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to the 15 minute window to ensure adequate social distancing between pick-ups.
In case of rain (or snow…), the library may have to cancel a pick-up day. We will deal with that when it occurs!
As of this writing, we are not, per Executive Order #28, able to provide any delivery services (including our usual Homebound Delivery). We are also asking that patrons continue to hold on to any items they may have checked out currently. Per order, we are not supposed to be taking any returns at this time to limit staff’s contact with potentially contaminated items.
A reminder that if you DO return items, they are not being checked in daily. The dropbox is emptied twice a week and items are held in a quarantine for at least 48 hours (usually longer) before being checked in. All items currently checked out from Mid March on have a new due date of June 3rd.
If you have further questions, the best time to call will be Tuesdays and Thursdays to speak with our Director, Samma. You can also e-mail them any time at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Cadott Library staff thanks all of you for your patience and we look forward to serving you!